Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lesson Plan Response

Although I have previously designed a unit plan, I have never constructed an individual lesson plan before. It was surprisingly more in-depth than I was expecting, so at times I found myself grasping a little - but I enjoy a challenge, so this was good for me. Activities such as designing a lesson plan are essential, I think, to a good "education class." It prepares the students for the real world, while still encompassing whatever the professor is trying to teach at the time.

When I created the lesson plan, I did not look at examples done by other teachers. I wanted to see how well I could could come with something from scratch on my own. That was probably the hardest part of the assignment, as I struggled to balance what I wanted to do with what I was supposed to be doing. What I would love to learn are a variety of activities one can use that are not necessarily "generic," but can be taken and formatted to whatever lesson you are trying to teach. The concept map was one good one, but I would like to know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment